Google+ Fandoms Made Fabulous: Party in Plaid // Supernatural inspired nail art Google+

Saturday 14 June 2014

Party in Plaid // Supernatural inspired nail art


Hello again everyone!

It's Becca here, and I've got another Supernatural inspired mani for you today. This time it's inspired by the plaid shirts that the brothers (especially Sam) seem to hoard!


I don't know if either brother has worn a shirt in this particular colour scheme before, but I wouldn't put it past them!


I used these polishes - BarryM Matt White for the base, then KIKO 386, Rimmel London 60 Seconds in 803 Man Overboard, and Essie 244 Snap Happy for the pattern - although, of course, you could really use any colour scheme.


And this is my extra equipment. I use an old sticker sheet from WHSmith (they come in a pack of 600 or so) to swatch polishes on and try out designs, and also to put blobs of polish on when I want to do a more intricate design. The great thing about these sheets is that as long as I use the shiny side, the polish peels right off, so it's great when I run out of room for polish blobs or want to do a more intricate design without putting it directly on my nail - it's like a homemade nail sticker!

I put a bit of the nail polish remover into the lid, then mixed it into the polish blob with the brush to thin it and make it easier to paint - this is partly why the colours show through each other. It's basically the same theory as normal paint XD



I hope you liked this nail art, and I'll see you next Saturday for my TFIOS week post!

~Becca :)

If you feel so inclined it would be great if you could follow us via GFC, Bloglovin', or Facebook - alternatively, go check out my other blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment