Google+ Fandoms Made Fabulous: Heaven and Hell // Supernatural inspired nail art Google+

Saturday 7 June 2014

Heaven and Hell // Supernatural inspired nail art

Hi everyone! Becca here again, and this time I've got a Supernatural inspired mani for you.


For this nail art I wanted to try a gradient, a technique I've never done before. As well as trying something new, I also wanted to do a gradient to emphasise the fact that in the world of Supernatural the two places have more similarities than the occupants would care to admit.


I started with a white base, then painted over that. I won't list all the steps, as I'd be here forever, but if you try this then paint Hell first, as the Heaven colour is more sheer and will look better over the top. Also, keep your nail polish remover close - you'll need it to both clean the brushes and to thin the polish for the watercolour effect. It'll be better to pour a little into the lid/another container, that way you can throw it away and avoid contaminating the rest of the bottle.


Another tip is to try not to get too much polish on the brush, as it creates a more solid colour - you can see where I got a little too much on my index finger, and it's more of a line than a gradient, with less variation in the red than on other fingers.


My base was Nail Paint by BarryM in Matt White, and Hell was Essie's Snap Happy with Rimmel London 60 Seconds polish in 800 Black Out. Heaven was a mixture of Kiko 386 (just a smidgen) mixed with the three unnamed polishes in the picture; the first one I have no idea what brand it is and the small ones at the other end are Marks and Spencers. I also added bits of the lilac/gold duochrome over the top in the same way I added the black to Hell.


I hope you liked this nail art!

~Becca :)
(Like my posts here? Check out my other blog at rjtmisti.blogspot.com!)

No comments:

Post a Comment